Google Blogger for Teaching and Learning- Last post of the first season!

Bridging Instructional Design and Active Learning

Note on accessibility: VoiceOver Command Charts for Macs or CromeVox for windows or if prefer select to read options then click on Voice Instead option

Decorative image

Accessibility Commands

Before anything, thank so much to all of you for visiting my blog and making powerful comments. 

As we all know we should be changing our topic and we have already moved around into other groups. But, before finishing up, I would like to post the very last Google masterpiece for teaching and learning, Blogger. Therefore, this week I will be potentially posting two blogs. You are welcome to read both or just the first for the next topic.

And there is my next question: Is there a specific topic that you would like to see others build on for the next few weeks? If you have any idea, I will be accepting the suggestion. My goal is to really post things that you can take with you as much as I can, instead of just fulfilling the blogging requirement. Thank you in advance for your help. Here is the link for the next blog called gcextensionstl.blogspot.com

So, Blogging…

-blogging connects us all-

Do you like blogging? Do you blog for personal use or you use it in teaching? If you do one or the other, what are the most interesting things that you have learned from blogging?

I personally never blog before this class. I should tell you that it was not easy at the beginning because it seemed very overwhelming. I needed to learn, in a very short time, how to use the blogging platform, but I didn’t really know any. Then I needed to learn to compare some I found interesting, but I didn’t have enough time to test both before the launch. Anyways, I am glad that I was challenged to do it because now my students can benefit from its rich learning experiences.

Below are three videos: the first one talks about how important is blogging in the classroom from a teacher’s perspective, the second one shows how to set up Google Blogger for teaching and the third gives ideas from students of why blogging in the classroom is important for them. I hope you enjoy them.

Why we should be using blogging in the classroom?

Video 1- How to set up Blogger for the classroom

Video 2- What students think about blogging

Now the time is yours. Please reflect on the above question (1st.) as well and post some comments. Your input is always appreciated. I’ll be waiting for them.

13 Responses

1. Kennia,

I really enjoyed reading your new post on google bloggers reading trying to find resources. I thought that it was very informational and helpful for real bloggers to be able to read your post and apply it too what they already know. These were also good questions to ask if you want to find out about someone who is blogging.

2. Thank you Eugene! I am glad that you liked it and it gave you thinks to think about.

3. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, could test this… IE still is the market leader and a huge part of folks will leave out your wonderful writing because of this problem.

4. obviously like your web-site but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I’ll definitely come back again.

5. I’m still learning from you, but I’m making my way to the top as well. I certainly love reading everything that is written on your site.Keep the posts coming. I loved it!

6. Brook says:

Asking questions are really pleasant thing if you are not understanding
    something totally, however this piece of writing presents nice understanding yet.

My site :: Brook

7. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to present one thing again and help others such as you helped me.

8. I like this site very much so much great information.

9. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to present something back and help others like you aided me.

10. Good blog! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!